Monday, May 14, 2012

Being Sick Sucks...

I just got over a cold or something. It involved the worst sore throat I've had in ages. I've also become grossed out by my own snot...I again declare myself old...

I went out with work friends on Children's Day (May 5) here in Korea. We went to this large park. We had some food and beer. My boss is a beer hound. That in itself is not a big deal in Korea. I, on the other hand, don't drink near enough to keep up with anyone in Korea. But this isn't important...

The park was at the tomb of some famous prince of some sort who had been double crossed or something and was buried there. Being it was Saturday and Children's Day, the place was packed. But the park was pretty big so we found a place to plop down. It was cool. I was fine initially, but the wind picked up and made it cold. I was to cool for school and never put on my jacket even thought I brought one...This is what I suspect cause the cold... 

The cold wasn't bad. The sore throat and the cough was the rough part. I couldn't sleep with either some nights. I've been in Korea 7 months and have been sick 3 times already. It's either the kids, the pollution, me not cleaning my apartment enough, or all the above...

I really miss NyQuil...

I also broke down and bought a new printer. I had budgeted 50000 won for it but found on on sale for 35000 won at Emart. I would of preferred the more expensive one but whatever...When I was there I forgot to buy paper so I went back on Sunday to get some. To my amusement, Emart was closed. They have this new law in  South Korea that forces the larger stores to close 2 Sundays a month to promote smaller businesses and yesterday was one of those Sundays...Me, I just wanted printer paper and swiffers...

Things to come...Seoul Racetrack adventure and maybe The Lotus Lantern Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment