Sunday, May 6, 2012

So Friday was my birthday...(May 4th)

I'm at a point where my birthday is no longer an event. I've had 41 of them and in recent years it has devolved into getting another 12 pack of socks, underwear or both (these are gifts I actually want...) and previously going out to dinner with my mom. In very recent years we don't even go out as neither my mom or myself want the hassle of getting dressed up after a long day...


But that being said...Thank you to everyone on the birthday wishes...and...

They gave me a surprise party at work. Best part, it was organized by some students and not the other teachers..

I sort of knew a party  was going to happen as clues were popping up during the week, but I thought it would be something like out of Office Space when Lumberg had his birthday.

The kids decorated a classroom with a handmade banner using sheets of paper, there were a ton of balloons, pizza, an awesome cake, a card that a bunch of students signed and even gifts...



Best best part, some students even came back for the party even after they were done for the day...They all usually get up way too early. Then have school until 230 or 3pm. The come to the after school school and then if they are lucky might be home before 7pm...The older kids are here even later and then it's home for dinner, homework and bed....So for some to come back to school was a real big deal in my eyes...

and after all that my boss took me and another teacher out for beers and food...

there some pictures, I'll post them at some point...


No comments:

Post a Comment